Mathews 4-H Camp
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula (Mathews Club)
$3,000 to implement Project Learn, transforming the entire Mathews Club into a learning environment for youth ages 6-18.
$8,400 to provide an enrichment and mentoring program for academically and intellectually gifted, at-risk students in grades 4-8 through summer residential camp and advocacy.
Mathews County 4-H
$1,500 to support 4-H day camps, teaching life skills to Mathews youth ages 5-13.
Mathews County Public Schools
- $5,000 to support the Mathews High School Robotics Team, participants in the FIRST Robotics Competition.
- $3,560 to provide Nature Camp scholarships for students at Thomas Hunter Middle School.
- $3,000 to support the high school food closet program and breakfast/lunch support, in partnership with the Mathews Continentals Society.
- $750 to update, expand, and enrich the Parent Resource Center's informational and training resources for parents, families and educators working with students with special education needs.
- $600 to provide for one middle school student to attend and compete at the Junior Beta Club National Convention.